Preparing to Teach Mathematics with Technology
Since 2005, Preparing to Teach Mathematics with Technology (PTMT) project has developed research-based materials for mathematics teacher education focused on using technology tools for teaching major topics in middle and secondary mathematics in Algebra, Statistics, and Geometry. The PTMT team has produced high-quality materials, all available for free, that have been used to prepare over 6,000 teachers to use technology in their mathematics classrooms.
In 2018, the PTMT project has expanded to focus on Examining Students’ Practices with technology. PTMT-ESP is a five-year cross-institutional project that will develop and examine the effectiveness of video case modules aligned with the Algebra materials. PTMT-ESP will also continue to build and sustain the community of technology-using mathematics teacher educators who use PTMT-developed materials in the preparation of teachers.
This project is supported by the National Science Foundation under grants DUE 0042319, 0817253, 1123001 and 1820976 awarded to NC State University, grant DUE 1820998 awarded to Middle Tennessee State University, grant DUE 1821054 awarded to University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and grant DUE 1820967 awarded to East Carolina University. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed herein are those of the principal investigators and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Project email: email@example.com
- Jennifer Lovett, PI, Middle Tennessee State University
- Allison McCulloch, PI, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Charity Cayton, PI, East Carolina University
- Hollylynne Lee, PI, North Carolina State University
- Lara Dick, Senior Investigator, Bucknell University
- Nina Bailey, Senior Investigator, Montclair State University
- Demet Yalman Ozen, Graduate Research Assistant, Middle Tennessee State University
- Samantha Fletcher, Graduate Research Assistant, Middle Tennessee State University
- Purity Muthitu, Graduate Research Assistant, North Carolina State University
- Kristen Fye, Graduate Research Assistant, University of North Carolina at Charlotte