What We Do: Professional Learning and Leading Collaborative
The Professional Learning and Leading Collaborative (PLLC) team knows that dedicated and well-prepared teachers and leaders are key to the success of any initiative. We engage educators and education stakeholders across the PreK-16 education system to develop, share, and implement innovative models and approaches that support the whole student. We build capacity, grow educator leadership, facilitate strategic planning and research, and coach educators to implement personalized and blended teaching and learning to meet the needs of all students. We design with the learner in mind.
We build capacity and coach educators to implement personalized and blended teaching and learning to meet the needs of all learners based on analysis and your unique challenges.
We engage educators and education stakeholders across the PreK-16 education system to develop, share and research innovative models and approaches that support the whole student.
We support educational leaders in the development of coherent long-term strategies that set directions and priorities, support innovation, and provide resources to enable stakeholders to benefit fully from instructional initiatives.
Our work is driven by a vision to help everyone reach their potential. We do this by:
- Analyzing the unique needs of educators and the learning environments they work within;
- Building networks of schools and districts in which they can, through continuous improvement, learn and collaborate together;
- Creating personalized and blended learning environments designed to focus on the ‘whole student’, recognizing inequities and diverse needs have to be addressed;
- Developing ongoing, job-embedded professional learning opportunities based on the data-driven needs of educators and administrators in an effort to support each and every student;
- Empowering educational leaders to plan and implement innovative learning initiatives while co-developing a coherent long-term strategy that benefits all stakeholders; and,
- Facilitating one-of-a-kind professional learning experiences customized to meet educators’ individual and organizational needs.
PLLC’s Core Services
The Professional Learning and Leading Collaborative team provides customized and responsive coaching and strategic planning support for educational organizations, schools, and districts implementing new programs with sustainability in mind.
Our coherent strategic planning includes, but is not limited to:
- Grant writing support
- Creating and analyzing needs assessments specific to the school or district focus area(s)
- Setting direction and priorities based on identified need(s)
- Developing educator and staff supports and/or trainings
- Providing resources for leading school and district programs
Professional Development and Educational Coaching
Dedicated and well-prepared educators and administrators are key to the success of any initiative within a school. Our in-person, blended, and/or virtual professional development and educational coaching hones the knowledge and skills necessary for planning and implementing innovative learning initiatives and provides a deeper understanding of the intersection of curricular standards and sound pedagogy. Through the use of content-specific/digital-age resources, research-based methods, and job-embedded strategies, all professional development is designed to be customized and tailored to fit your critical needs.
We provide subject matter expertise and instruction that includes, but is not limited to:
- Coaching support
- Competency-based learning
- Computer science education
- Differentiated Instruction
- Digital-age curriculum and instruction
- Learning differences
- Online professional learning courses
- Schoolwide culture building and change management
- Social and emotional learning
- Virtual/remote learning supports
School and district leadership need access to quality, relevant, and job-embedded professional development. They must be enabled as leaders to plan and implement innovative learning initiatives that build on existing foundations in order to develop long term strategies. Through the shared development of these strategies, and collaborating on the directions and priorities of your educational organization, the Professional Learning and Leading Collaborative can provide the resources to support efforts to ensure all stakeholders benefit fully from innovative instructional initiatives.
We provide subject matter expertise and perspectives to support leadership efforts that include, but is not limited to:
- Building a coaching-mindset
- Culture building
- Fostering STEM and computer science education
- Leading digital learning initiatives
- North Carolina Digital Learning Competencies
- Personalized learning
- Social and emotional learning
- Virtual/remote school operations
The Professional Learning and Leading Collaborative team has extensive knowledge and experience in instructional design, facilitation, and application in a variety of mediums to get to the root of your professional development and program needs.
- Needs assessments
- Task and gap analysis
- Online and blended course/ curriculum design
- Personalized lesson planning
- Learning management system design
- Customized train-the-trainer models
- Andragogy and adult learning theory
- Data-driven planning and decision making personalized to the needs of your learning/training needs
Keep up to date with all the news and learning opportunities the Professional Learning and Leading Collaborative has to offer. Sign up for our newsletter.
Code.org Regional Partnership
Lexington City Schools Personalized Learning Capacity Building
Making Computer Science (CS) STICK: Systemic Change for Teachers at Wake County Public Schools
North Carolina Computer Science Professional Development
NC DPI Innovative Assessments
Oak Foundation Micro-credentials
Online Professional Learning: Professional Learning and Collaboration Environment (PLACE)
Southern Wake Academy: Professional Capacity Building
Virtual Academies in North Carolina: Examining Profiles, Issues and Trends
Virtual Schools Network (VSN)
Wayne County Professional Capacity Building: Teaching and Leading in an Age of Complexity
Digital Learning Plan Initiative
Learner Agency Online Professional Learning
Professional Learning Institutes
Remote Learning to Support NC Educators
The Innovation Project Early Learning Network (TIP ELN)
Trauma Informed Practice Support (TIPS) in Schools and Communities: Collaboration Between Education and Social Work